Thanks to YouTube, I was able to listen & see all the performances from Top 6.

MUSIC OF THE NIGHT - David C
I know this song very well. Interesting choice. Nice raw timbre to the voice, very appealing. Clear & on pitch on the upper notes. Great performance of a beautiful tune.

ONE ROCK & ROLL - Syesha
As usual, good vocal performance, relaxed, natural. Great jazzy style tune.

SUPERSTAR - Carly
As usual, she started out sounding like she was in great voice for this. Except on the "do you think" - you could hear the stress in the voice from trying to shout the phrase. I thought she did very well.

THINK OF ME - David A
Despite the many negative critiques I've read of David's singing, I feel David has a lot of appeal. If you are running a record label, this is the kind of performer you are looking for, young, with a soft & natural sound, cute. He doesn't leap out and grab you by the throat, but Barry Manilow and other crooners have had major careers despite their detractors.

YOU MUST LOVE ME - Brook
I'm never been a fan of Brook's singing, I'm afraid, and this performance showed exactly why. Started out sounding breathy & pitchy. There is no support under the voice. She breathes too often, and this is because the breath is so high in the chest it is not connecting. There are no long notes, there is no breath for them. When she sings, she is in her head, not in her body. I thought she acted it well. With my critique I would like to say that I feel that if Brook worked with the right coach for 2 or 3 years, she would find and release the voice.

MEMORY - Jason
Tough song. Way too low for him, but what else can you do when you have no range? So he sings the verse with no tone. There is no technique in his singing, and I have always felt he did not belong in the top 12. The audience squeals with pleasure at the end, while I'm shaking my head. There are MANY other songs Jason could have chosen to sing, but he chose this one and I felt he was not really present in his performance. Perhaps he knows his time is at hand.

Tops, Syesha & David C; and worst: Jason & Brook.

Vikki Flawith: Songwriter/Composer, Singer/Voice Teacher

12Feb10- *NEW BLOG: "BE YOUR OWN GURU ;)"

MY STORY & MY MUSIC: http://www.vikkiflawith.com
Be a FAN: http://www.reverbnation.com/vikkiflawith