Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
The way I do it is score them 1-10 as I watch. Then at the end I may bump each of them 1 point either way, but not often. I give 10's when I don't think they could have done the song much better. Here is tonight's tally for me (in order of appearance):
1. Asiah Epperson - 10 - I thought she did really well on this; maybe her personality is infectious to me. I just like her, even if she's not that popular.
2. Kady Malloy - 6 - worst performance of the night. She's gone.
3. Amanda Overmyer - 9 - strong rocker tonight, back in form; I don't know if she's Idol-quality though. She's lacking a strong personality and connection with the audience at this point. She IS the favorite "underdog", so will be with us a while.
4. Carly Smithson - 10 - not her best performance, but a consistently above average performer
5. Kristy Lee Cook - 7 - I thought it was still pitchy, although better than last week; she hasn't grabbed me yet. Like Simon said, "not memorable".
6. Ramiele Malubay - 8 - I just like this little girl and thought she did good tonight. However, she missed a HUGE opportunity to connect with the audience when Ryan wanted her to talk about how much the tune meant to her and she declined. It showed immaturity, which may hurt her vote count.
7. Brooke White - 7 - I don't see what all the fuss is about this girl; she's pitchy and lacks much vocal technique. She does have a sparkly personality which must be winning fans for her, 'cause she's NOT a great singer.
8. Syesha Mercado - 10 - Except for a couple of notes near the beginning, I thought she nailed the Whitney tune. I thought it was the strongest performance of the night. It was the only one that really grabbed me anyways.
Going home: Kady Malloy for sure, and probably Asia'h Epperson, although I think Ramiele may now be on thin ice.