Originally Posted by John Voorpostel
Rob, Marty just wants them to have a looksee and in the meantime, the tariff wall is up

Yes he does not understand that things go differently in other countries.

The first statement is true.
The second is not.

I fully understand that there are different governmental and tax structures in various countries.

But at this point, I am looking at the broad stroke and consider chocolates, cars and talks about specific goods and VATs a distraction to be dismissed...FOR NOW.

In the case of Canada, the discrepancy is "relatively" small and yet needs a look,
Aluminum and steel are factors that need to be considered. Seems like Trump may have struck first on that. It appears the steel trade was balanced prior to his tariff.
Trump threw on the breaks with regard to Canada because something presented to him, caused him to. I don't know what it was. And no one here does. (My guess is Ford and GM) But I do know that the breaks went on. Waiting to see if we get to find out the reason.

As far as the EU BROAD STROKE, it's huge and it is ridiculous to try to persuade any adult American with mental clarity that it should be accepted as is. Pointless to try. Whether or not you all think that the orange man is bad, that deficit needs scrutiny.

As John pointed out, Trump has thrown up a wall, based on some formula. Doesnt really matter to me how he arrived at the wall, just that the wall is up and scrutiny is going on.

You all are pro your countries. I am pro the United States.
You all have a desired result and you are engineering your arguments from that beginning.

I do to. My desired result is scrutiny and then fairness.