Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,153 Likes: 87
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,153 Likes: 87 |
Marty, careful, you made a point of saying you wanted to engage in civil political discouse and name callling is not even just another point of view
And Marty a big thank you for coming clean on how your TDS clouds your judgement including your diagnosis of our alleged TDS. You blind devotion as in Trump Devotion Syndrome is shown by how little you know of tariffs yet how loudly you proclaim their justified use here
I get his tough on the border get rid of the scum activity has you on board everywhere else ...but your "we only want fair trade" is not always tariffs and like treating kids, fair is not always equal. Then you get the composition of trade...goods....many types....many different measures categories of activity.....comparative advantages...investments in our country John You and the anti-tariffs crew here don't want American tariffs put on the goods of the country that your primary allegiance is to. I get that. I also understand that you will go on and on with anything that buttresses that point of view. I also understand that both you and I are privy to nothing and neither of us actually knows much about tariffs and international trade. But I do know something about human nature and I know people ride free on other's dimes whenever they can. And I know that since WW2, the US has been a free ride for many in a lot of ways. THAT MAY NOT BE THE CASE WHEN IT COMES TO CANADA! Understand that I understand that. They may take a look and find that there are no glaring inequities. I doubt it, but they may. Whatever the case ends up being...as an American citizen, I would like it looked at. I'm not alone. You appear "ate-up" with the interests of your country. I am concerned about the interests of mine, because in reality, my govt is insolvent and owes money that it will never pay back...yet can still borrow and print money, for now. That has concerning ramifications for the entire world, since we are the super power. Today, the issue of scrutiny of trade relations gets forced. At least, I think that it does. Who the hell knows what actually happens. If it makes you feel better at an emotional level to raise hell about it, then do. As for me, today presents some kind of reality test and changed reality and I'm interested to see what those are. Marty PS John...I do not have blind devotion to anyone. That is just more silly blather.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,777
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|