Originally Posted by John Voorpostel
Totally agree criminal illegal aliens should be deported.
Totally agree illegal aliens should be deported unless they can clearly demonstrate they are actually contributing otherwise as law abising US citizens.

Well, Alrighty then.


Originally Posted by John Voorpostel
But it has to be done legally and not based on a Presidential order based on a 1796 Illegal Alien act only ever used under much narrower circumstance.
It only puts (increasingly expensive) egg on his face when judges take over that decision...

If that law is on the books, then it's a law.
Murder was illegal in 1796 also, and is still on the books.
RvW was a law for decades with no constitutional basis. Things get messy sometimes.

Ultimately SCOTUS will decide, I suppose.

Marty

PS I have MSNBC on in the background, Dims approval rating by a CNN poll is historically low, if I heard it right. You need to focus your attention elsewhere.