Marty, FD, there is plenty of archeological evidence to support the Bible. Unfortunately, there is also a bunch of superstitious nonsense shouting even louder, much of it being publicized around holidays such as Christmas and Easter. And I'll offend everyone by saying this but those are pagan holidays in a Christian mask and the various traditions surrounding them only turn sincere people
away from the Bible.

Where Peter is buried etc. Those things are not regarded as being important in the Bible. Acts 12 says that Herod killed the Apostle James with the sword. But it doesn't say he or his tomb was venerated. Jesus' mother Mary is only mentioned a handful of times.

FD, what you said about Pilate is correct.

Superstitions did arise, however. John records one about himself in John 20 or 21.

Nevertheless, the New Testament record is reliable for many reasons. Internal harmony is one. Though written by many authors, characters, places, names etc pop up continually. The books fit perfectly together.

An even better reason is that the writers record their own mistakes and outright sins, when writers looking to be fraudulent would have left them out.

And again, have a look at Luke
3:1,2.


I've written more extensively on this subject. When I get to a PC, I'll post an article or two in the creative writing section. It takes forever for me to type all this into my phone with one finger.

Ps, I don't feel like I'm being attacked. Part of being a Christian is being willing to rationally explain your faith.


Last edited by couchgrouch; 05/26/21 03:31 PM.

Nashville demos etc:

https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/default.cfm?bandID=431939

other demos:

https://soundcloud.com/wabash-cannibal

Amazon Kindle books by Robert George you may enjoy:

1) Americana

2) Teenage Graceland

3) The Will to Be

4) Fort Mystery

5) Wheel Sea

6) My One True Love