Sorry Robert. Bad arithmetic on my part. Was 300 years later.
What we can see in our own era with instant communications from any part of the world to any other...is that distortions and bad information abound...sometimes 3 hours later, rather than 3 centuries. Now imagine the distortion of events and information after 3 centuries.

As far as archaeology confirming things....I've yet to see anything confirmed that was bullseye specific such as Jesus' house or tomb or exact place of execution. It is claimed that those things exist, but every time I look close...I dont see anything truly looking like absolute evidence. It is not even known where Alexander the Great is buried. And a lot of people want to know all of those things.

With regard to Constantine...there are a lot of people who believe he was just doing what he needed to do to grab power and not truly into the beliefs.
They say that his mother Helena was, but he's a question mark. Nonetheless, in my un-credentialed opinion, Christ originated Christianity, but Constantine more than anyone whoever lived is responsible for it being the largest religion in the world. (I think that it is? Right?)

With regard to Josephus, he was primarily recording his history of Palestine and he did mention the Christian movement within that. I've never read that but I've always seen it said that he mentioned it "in passing." As I understand it...Josephus became a slave after the Jewish revolt of AD67. He worked his way into the good graces of Vespasian and son. They granted him his freedom. I have to wonder how reliable his account of anything would be overall. However I dont doubt that he mentioned the Christian movement in Palestine.

Please understand, I am not attacking you and your religion.
I am not an "agnostic preacher" trolling for converts. However considering the magnitude of the Christian faiths effect on civilization, I've always been fascinated by it and enjoy discussing it. It's history is complex.