I have a song called "I Saw Jesus Today"...A Christian Songwriting Forum slammed me because it wasn't scripturally based...They shredded it...Not a single time when I was writing that song did God ever impress on me for that particular tune, to use scripture......

I figure if God wanted their words & ideas on my tune, he would've added them as Co-Writers..

What was their point? You weren't writing about scripture. However you were following scripture. " Go therefore and make disciples of all nations". If you can reach people, through your music, on their level, you are in fact doing what God has asked you to do. Otherwise you're just preaching to the choir.


Creators of music have a responsibility to their craft. When they have finished using all the notes and words, they must pass them down to the next generation with a simple request. “Use these to create new music.”...Steven McDonald