What you saw in times of war Is not man at his best Steve...all morality goes out the window with the baby and the bathwater. ....question...when the USA preachers (or any country at war) say things like "Kill a commie for Christ", is it somehow OK becausecommunists are supposedly atheist and that preacher is a Christian? Was Torquemada somehow a moral man because he was instrumental in killing lots of people in the name of (the Christian) God? Is killing OK when they are "Christian acts"?

To me, mankind consistently perverts what they see as the will of God...taking matters into their own hands, for their own, personal, worldly desires...the greed you rail against..for money and power on earth.

Do you not see the inherent danger in saying "I take the Bible as the Word of God, and the existence of God, on faith as granted and inspired by the Holy Spirit"...but someone else's faith, equally fervent, equally based on what the believer sees as the Word of God, cannot be real or true or relevant or good?

Do you believe that, even as you know full well that you can only take things of faith alone to be true, that you can therefore judge others and force them to your beliefs?

Do you not trust God's judgement that you would judge "The Other"? Why do people feel the need to condemn others saying things or doing things that amount to .."my faith is better than your faith and I am happy to back that up with violence, repression or whatever it takes for you to behave as I believe you should"



Sunset, I am not qualified to answer your question. I am not a Muslim...do have Muslim friends and have also read up on its history and have read but not studied their Holy Quran. I do know those Muslim friends do not condone any sort of violence in the name of God...the One God of Abraham of Jews, Christians, Muslims and others.


If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop