Well, when I say stories, i mean the Biblical stories, and every religion has a creation story, because that was a need humans had, what the hell are we doing here?

Yes, brutality and religion have a hand and glove history to them. You have to remember, it wasnt easy to get a religion off the ground back in the day. If some king or anybody important found out you were meeting for a Christian study, you could be killed. So there was bloodshed just to go to church so to speak. Imagine trying to beat down an entire empire who didn't like your religion. Looking to kill was just another day at the office for a while

And the catholic church, The pope often commanded the military. It's this idea of "well, we know we have God right, so this bloodshed must be right too" Not even stopping to think abut the very message they were trying to spread.

The Catholic Church burned scientists at the stake for discovering something they didnt want to be discovered, and jailed Galeleo for discovering that the Earth was not the center of the universe. Yet God never mentioned anything about the center of the universe, in the writings. So whose truth were they defending?

Probably 100,000 years before any of that, there were some cave dwelling people wondering what the hell we did wrong, when they saw lightning. And to this day we are still trying to figure out why we are here.

Science is getting good at the hows and the whens, but never offer much as far as the why's. Scientists claim there are no whys, that the universe doesn't owe us any explanations. Other people find that hard to believe.

Also never forget a priest who was working at a hospital I was when i first got out of high school. Some news flash came up about some serial killer being caught. The priest says "I wouldnt even give him a trial, he'd be worm food if I was judge"

And im thinking this is a priest? Even priests are violent at the core.

btw, awareness, is the only thing that makes us different from the animals. We are aware that we are aware, no other creature on earth can say that.

Last edited by Fdemetrio; 05/30/21 01:48 PM.