|
10 members (bennash, texritter, Michael W. Brown, KyleCrawford, Gary E. Andrews, Bill Draper, Guy E. Trepanier, Sunset Poet, 2 invisible),
46,368
guests, and
5,618
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,151 Likes: 87
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,151 Likes: 87 |
"How do you see yourself?" Question for you; If Christ Jesus returned today, the same way He came to us 2000yrs ago, do you believe the world would accept Him? I'm agnostic Tony (without knowledge). How would I know? The lengthiest account of Christ comes from the NT, which was pulled together at Constantine's insistence several hundred years after Christ is said to have lived. (Council of Nicea) Other than that, the only accounts that I'm aware of are Josephus and Seneca. In both cases, he was not mentioned as the coming of God, but an incidental uprising in "Palestine" at the time. So if someone showed up today and made a persuasive case that they were the 2nd coming of divinity...I'd need some proof to believe it. Similarly, regarding Christ of 2k ago, I need some proof for that being accurate as told in the bible. A preacher thumping a bible and telling me that is all the proof that I need...is not enough. I need to see the particular words and how they clearly and exactly validate whatever is being proclaimed. I've yet to see them, but I wait and occasionally ask someone like you to show me what you see that validates your beliefs. Even though it may seem otherwise, I'm not antagonistic towards religion, just inquisitive. I understand people wanting to connect with their maker and obtain answers to the big WHY. I'm one of them. Still looking.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,060
Posts1,185,723
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|