|
5 members (Everett Adams, KyleCrawford, Gary E. Andrews, texritter, 1 invisible),
16,203
guests, and
5,504
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,448
Top 200 Poster
|
OP
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,448 |
Dear airun, Thank you for drawing attention to Eventuallypeople can hear the piano vocal at: http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewtrack.php?trackid=12739and the pop demo at: http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewtrack.php?trackid=12740I cowrote the song in 1999 - 2000, I started writing songs in 1998. In 2000 "Eventually" won grand prize in the ASG Bare Bones Song Contest. (around 150 songs were entered) I think it's a great song, people tell me it's a great song, but it's good to know there are those who don't like it. 3 artists have cut it, many artists have asked to record it. It moves people who are suseptable to it. Ask someone who's recently been dumped to have a listen. When you cowrite a song with 2 other people you don't always get your way on every line. Marc Alan Barnette wrote: "A weak lyric can be rescued by a strong melody, it never goes the other way around." I am a student just like everyone here. I know what I did to accomplish what I've done so far in songwriting and I'm happy to share what I know with others. These guidelines are tools that I use. Some I wrote, some I paraphrased from many songwriting books I've read and workshops I attended. I share much of my songwrting journey at www.SongWriterBlog.comclick on messages and browse through the archive of previous messages, I often share things at jpf before I put them in my ezine. It may not be sensible to critique songs in one genre with the criteria of another. IE critiquing a pop song using country lyric writing guidelines I wish you the best with your writing Thanks for sharing Eventually with the readers of this thread. Ande Let me post your song "eventually"
This is not just one little tiny cliche as you have mentioned It's a song based on lines we have heard since forever and I am only pointing this out because you deny it I can post other songs too if you want? Not being a narc or anything I'm just very critical over lyrics And you think you're some kind of songwriting mentor and to be honest this is like taking singing lessons from a person who got rejected from american idol auditions
Eventually Written by Mark Oates, Donna Aylor, and Ande Rasmussen
verse 1 I lie in bed and wonder how you are Little things remind me how we are now apart No more talking on the phone Or late nights with you alone And tho I dont know why you said goodbye
CHORUS: EVENTUALLY I'LL FORGET ABOUT YOU EVENTUALLY I'LL LOVE SOMEONE NEW THO ALL I DO IS THINK ABOUT THE WAY WE USED TO BE I'LL GET ON WITH LIFE EVENTUALLY
verse2 I'm waiting for your memory to fade I'm still holding onto the promises you made You said you felt for me A love that would always be And I wish I could feel that love tonight
REPEAT CHORUS
BRIDGE Somewhere between these walls of time Someone will love this heart of mine Though it hurts to know it wont be you
REPEAT CHORUS
Ande Rasmus sen Ande R a s m u s s e n@aol.com Ande R a s m u s s e n.com SongRamp.com/ande MySpace.com/anders
Texas Grammy Gov 06-08 grammy.com/Texas
Editor Of "Inspirations for Songwriters" SongWriterBlog.com Explore the message archive
To receive IFS SEND an EMPTY email to: difs-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,049
Posts1,185,698
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|