Originally Posted by Bluecat
Hi everyone, my name is Joe or Bluecat on here. I have been a songwriter/singer/guitarist (I play just enough guitar to get by) for a few years now. I came upon this site why I was looking for recommendations on songwriting courses. I am older and feel like I don't have a lot of time to waste trying to learn things on my own so have I spent some money and time on courses/bootcamps but am always looking for other sources to learn from.
I had hoped that as I learned more that my joy in music would increase but unfortunately it has now started to feel like another job, with nonstop things to learn as I don't feel my songs are good enough. I am hoping there are others here who have dealt with that and may be able to provide some guidance.

Thanks for letting become a part of the community, I am looking forward to getting involved and sharing some of the things I have learned along my path.

Stay well,

Bluecat

HI Joe,

Welcome to JPF. I am curious what "courses" you paid for? Did they help you? What are your goals? I think we can likely help you and it is all free!

Jump in on the boards and post some songs if you'd like to get feedback.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney