Congrats Ryan! I remember you rocking us out in Rhode Island and Boston during the last Northeast Roadtrip we did and you were a Live Artist of the Year finalist for that tour. (We don't notify finalists unless they win). Our live artist of the year award considers anyone who performs at one of our live JPF events. We take the top 5 performers and then those are used to determine the live artist of the year.

Had you not come out and played live, I wouldn't have known enough about you to put your name forward. Sometimes people don't realize how valuable it can be later down the road to just get involved and do something when an opportunity crops up. Most wouldn't think a friendly little showcase of local JPF members would lead to much. This is a great example of how it always leads to something good, eventually. Sometimes directly, like this, sometimes less directly but just as important. Meeting people face to face when given a chance is always the best way to make an impression and make it POSSIBLE for something good to happen.

Ironically, though we've gotten music from over 35K of our 52K members, I don't think you're one of them this year for the awards Ryan. Make sure you get us anything you didn't enter previously before the August 31st deadline.

Have a great time at Newport and please let us know about the experience after the fact. I am curious to see how it goes for you!

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney