Let me simplify this.

A song can get +3, +2, +1, 0, -1, -2, -3 depending on where the scoring ends up. If you vote a song By Far better than the other, you give one song +3 and the other a -3. That's fine if it's a true vote. It really sucks if it's not. If someone is on there simply to vote until their song (or their friends song) comes up, and they are voting SAME.. it's 0 points for or against either song. If they are forced to vote one way or the other, then some song is going to get screwed over and drop in the standings simply because people were forced to choose one or the other and if they aren't really listening to the songs in the first place, they'll be doing it randomly. It's reality.

In a perfect world, people would listen to the entire song each time and make an honest vote. But we know people won't do that. Jim himself has admitted that some songs he can barely make past 15 seconds. That's not a thorough judging evaluation at all. I come across really good songs all the time that would never do well based on the first 20 seconds of it. But I understand the reality of mass judging.

So, if you had it your way Jim, the voting will be even worse than it is now with even more cases of good songs losing to really bad ones. And so you know, I once felt the same way as you do.. but in talking with people involved in Ourstage, it became clear to me that the SAME vote serves an important purpose. That's about as much as I can say on that matter.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney