Originally Posted by Andy K
I personally find OurStage to be one of the clumsiest and most user unfriendly sites around.

The doesn't appear to be any way to delete a song or video once it has been uploaded. The first time I loaded my video, it didn't play too well on their player. So I saved the video with a different codec and this new one played OK in OurStage. But I can't delete the old one. I've also remixed some songs previously submitted but can't delete the old mixes. Does this mean that our songs and videos become their property forever? I don't like that.

I wanted to have some of my songs available for free download but can't figure out how to do it. It is apparently possible as they have free song advertisements on my OurStage page all the time.

I'm getting spammed (like 2 to three emails a day by one jerk) by some "friends" from this site but can't seem to remove them as "friends."

These are just some of the many problems I've had with this site.

First of all, read the terms of service of any website before uploading your music. You can't complain about them after the fact.

Second of all, if you DID read the TOS, you'd see OurStage doesn't own anything of yours. Your music and videos don't become "their property". Don't be so paranoid. It makes you look bad.

Third, how are you being spammed by anyone? They removed the "mass mail to friends" option. You can only mass mail your FANS now. So if you are that person's fan, you should remove yourself from their fan club (takes one click.) If they are actually messaging you repeatedly and you're NOT their fan, then you need to report them to OurStage - simple as that.

http://www.zirconmusic.com/ - Award-winning music/albums for video games, film and TV!

Impact Soundworks - Cutting-edge sample libraries for Kontakt