Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/29/26 02:00 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,462 Likes: 48
Top 200 Poster
|
OP
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,462 Likes: 48 |
Dave, At the risk of tainting your thread with the presence of my comment, I'll risk leaving it anyways.  I read the lyrics first and felt like you did not bring the "musical drifter" into sharp enough focus for the listener to know what he/she/it is....and identify with he/she/it. But then I played it and found the recording overall to be very light and enjoyable. The melody conveys the lyrics well. I always enjoy listening to what you write and produce. Your stuff is always good. Imho, you and Ben are keeping good music alive on this site. Marty Thanks, Marty! I had a little fun with this one. I purposefully tried to keep it ambiguous but missed the mark. I look forward to what Bill creates from this. I appreciate your listen and wonderful feedback as always! Peace, Dave
"Where there's a Gill, there's a way"
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,055
Posts1,185,710
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|