|
8 members (bennash, Raymond Byabazaire, Kay-lynn Carew, KyleCrawford, texritter, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, 1 invisible),
78,394
guests, and
5,636
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,018 Likes: 7
Top 500 Poster
|
Top 500 Poster
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,018 Likes: 7 |
Hi David,
I enjoyed listening to some of your music. I read down through the thread as well. Brian turned me on to Suno the other day and I have to say, I think it is fantastic. I was a regular in this forum from 2004 until 2016. In the old way of doing things, if you wanted a collaborator, you made a request. If someone liked your lyric, they would do a rough garage recording. And although it was nice of them to do so, it never came close to my vision for the write. I even paid out almost a 1k once to have a "professional" 3 song demo done. I hated it. It was nothing like I had imagined it. There are a lot of people who don't like the fact that AI is entering their lives as much as it has. I have no doubt that Nashville feels threatened by it. But here is the flip side to that argument. I have had dealings with Nashville. Many of them are cutthroat, snakes in the grass. You could write the best song ever and it will just be shelved collecting dust until the era for which it was written is dead and gone. So many times in the 2000's and 2010's, I listened to songs an aspiring artist tried to get out there in the 90's with no success. Time had passed their style by and they were stuck on rewind. But now, if you write a lyric, you can take it into Chat GPT, hone it down, and you have a top notch collaborator to exchange ideas with back and forth. Chat GPT is by no means fool proof. The process can go on for hours before you finally get the write to where you want it to be. Then you can ask it to do a chord chart for you and give it the parameters of what you want it to sound like. Brian turned me on to Suno and that took it to another level for me. Because then, you can basically do the same thing you did in Chat GPT but this time with the composition, vibe, tempo, etc. So yeah, I can see where the music industry feels threatened by it. They should be. But in the same token, how many aspiring artists have had their hearts and hopes dashed by this industry? Why would aspiring artists care what the business wants or doesn't want? I say "Cry me a river"! If you can create the vision you want for your music, that is the only thing that should matter to the artist. Delving further into that, those that call it generic and lacking of whatever, can also be given the argument that what they do with their voices and instruments is really no different than what someone does with their computer. In my case, the computer is my instrument. Technology is my instrument. How it comes together into a song is all that really matters in my opinion. I enjoyed your catalog and congratulate you on making the vision for your music come to life. There is nothing fake about it. It is just another way of coming to the same results. Those who would argue otherwise either can get into the present or become like those aspiring songwriters from the 90's still trying to sell their music to the industry 20 years later. Just my thoughts on it. I enjoyed it sir!
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,063
Posts1,185,730
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|