Originally Posted by David Gill
[Linked Image from cdn2.suno.ai]

"In The Fall"

Lyrics by David Gill

[v1]
The night that we met
was a cool April eve
but I didn't know
you had tricks up your sleeve
You drew me in with your
sweet siren call
Alive in the Spring
but certain to end
in the Fall

[ch]
Falling for you
just as fast as I'm able to go
There's no going back
Once I jump
better watch out below
Beauty and sex
what your body projects
blindly I leap to it all
We met in the Spring
but my life might end
in the fall

[v2]
The air's getting colder
I'm chilled to the bone
Waited all night
ended up all alone
The scent of your body
still haunting my bed
your echoing lies
playing round in my head

[ch]
Falling for you
just as fast as I'm able to go
There's no going back
Once I jump
better watch out below!
Beauty and sex
what your body projects
blindly I leap to it all
We met in the Spring
but my life will end
in the fall

[br]
You cradle me softly
then drop me again
Who needs enemies
When I've got you, my friend
Inevitably
I'll be right back again
Hoping to fly in your skies
Falling each time for your lies

[ch]
Falling for you
just as fast as I'm able to go
There's no going back
Once I jump
better watch out below!
Beauty and sex
what your body projects
blindly I leap to it all
We met in the Spring
but my life will end
in the fall

Hi David,

I've been coming in and listening to these one by one. You have a good knack for writing in plain language. But this song, particularly, in the first verse has some imagery and twists to it that I would definitely encourage you to explore further in future writes. Lines like these are very well written "Hoping to fly in your skies" is great, "The air's getting colder, I'm chilled to the bone, Waited all night, ended up all alone" is a good way to say that her vibe is dragging you down, "The scent of your body
still haunting my bed" is a great idea but I probably would have gone with something like "The ghost of your love still haunting my bed". Or something along those lines to really bring home the haunting aspect of the next line. Regardless, I like that part of your writing that you tapped with the imagery. Enough emphasis can't be put on saying the same things in a different way. One thing that I have heard a lot in the critiques of my own music is the term "cliche". I struggle with that in some ways because few songs aren't cliche in one form or the other. Particularly in the genre I write for. But I get the idea that it is best to come up with something unique to say the same thing. Whether it be a metaphor or whatever. Which you accomplished in several parts of this. Take care!