|
9 members (texritter, Sunset Poet, Fdemetrio, Gary E. Andrews, Michael W. Brown, bennash, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
26,493
guests, and
5,861
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,589 Likes: 1
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,589 Likes: 1 |
"Health Care" has become "The Medical Industry". There's no money in keeping people healthy. Absolutely true...unfortunately. Every time I see a doctor, they address my symptoms...but only occasionally do they even try to address the cause. It can be a long, boring process to find the actual cause of any malady, but it's quick and lucrative to simply prescribe some sort of pain relief. You have anxiety? They prescribe anti-anxiety meds...the cause of your anxiety remains, and the meds are now on your tab and part of your diet. Every time I have a health issue, I feel like I have to outwit the doctor or risk getting hosed. Not good. I want to trust them, but time and again, I find I need to educate myself about whatever I have, and time and again, I find the doctors are not as interested in curing me as in simply prescribing something expensive to relieve my symptoms. I wait in a sterile cell for an hour and a half, I get a few minutes of hurried face time, and I walk away with a quick guess and a prescription.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,096
Posts1,185,804
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|