Hi Brother John et al! Interesting Thread, Amigo!

I, too, had a B-12 Shortage, supposedly causing my increased loss-of-memory...tried the Sublingual pills..but they somehow made me too-hyper to sleep well. So..heh..I forgot the pills.

USED to have 2-3 eggs for breakfast daily...VA Docs said "Current recommended dosage of eggs these days is TWO eggs a week..to keep the Cholesterol down." That I HAVE kept on doing/Heart & Circ'y System still "doing fine"..tho I miss the Usual Breakfast I've had for years.

I've ceased drinking milk & cut red meat WAY Down ever since going through prostate cancer...which, after MUCH reading about the malady..pegged those as 2 of the main Dietary Causes for both Prostate & Breast Cancer. (It seems Chinese Peasants lived a decade or two LONGER than the Wealthier Class over there..& The Latter ate more like We Usually Do.)

So.."Eat More Chicken"..I'd recommend..meat-wise. & Soy Milk substitutes nicely for the Cow Kind.

I've ceased my "2-Amberbocks-a-Day"..since acquiring "Trigger Finger" on ring fingers, both hands..which..My Docs concur..is frequently "caused by alcohol consumption." It's now "2 Glasses of Wine, Daily"...usually a Red..Merlot or Burgundy..since that's "Heart-Healthy"..(& prolly intervenes in my continuing love for Good Cheeses, in spite of the Dairy Aversions.)

Selenium is an element that's often lacking in our diets..& found mostly in Mushrooms, Rutabagas..& (I think) Turnips..&..if ya notice any "Age Spots" on the back of your hands, better get some in your diet. (Just Googled it..Brazil Nuts are LOADED with Selenium.."725%" of your Rec'd Daily Consumption..beware of ODing on it!..& canned Tuna's also a dandy source.)

Glad to hear of your good cure for Migraines..(Now..what's good for Sleep Deprivation..eh?)

Best Wishes & a Big Guy-Hug,
Stan