|
8 members (bennash, Raymond Byabazaire, Kay-lynn Carew, KyleCrawford, texritter, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, 1 invisible),
78,394
guests, and
5,636
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,898 Likes: 89
Top 10 Poster
|
OP
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,898 Likes: 89 |
Migraine/headache sufferers? I bet you thought it was going to be writing the score to a blockbuster film.  That would be my second biggest success story. Thought I'd pass this on. If it helps one migraine sufferer it will be worth it. I've suffered with migraines and headaches most of my life. The last two decades, it's been a daily battle. Treximet was my only relief. Treximet constricts the blood vessels leading to the brain. No wise cracks. Also treximet is very expensive ($250 for 9 pills) and can cause heart attacks, strokes, etc.. But when your head feels like it's going to explode, it's worth the risks involved. I've been a vegetarian most of my life. I've taken B12 supplements sub-lingually to compensate for B12 deficiency. Though B12 can have problems absorbing into the blood taken through supplements. B12 is found naturally in meat (animal meat). Two months ago I started a new diet. I've included meat in my diet (fresh caught salmon, organic free-range chicken and turkey). I also cut my portion size down at meals considerably. I cut out peanut butter, cheddar cheese, and many sugary foods. I check the nutrition of everything I eat for fat content, cholesterol, carbs, protein, fiber, etc. I'm eating wisely instead of habitually! I also go for 2-3 mile walks (at moderate speed) daily (for the last two years). My walks have gotten more intense the last two months. I've lost 12 lbs. in the last two months. A total of 22 lbs in the last two years. I'm the same weight I was in my 20's. My gift to Sandra!  BTW, it was mostly her that got me on this road to recovery. Now the good news... I don't get migraines or headaches any longer. Can't believe it. I'm flabbergasted! I'm betting it was a B12 deficiency (or other nutrients contained in meat), though it could have been a combination of "all of the above". I've turn my lifestyle inside-out, upside-down, and this way and that. I've never felt better. If I die next week, I'll be leaving Earth a healthy man. If Donna is reading this I want to tell her I sleep like a baby now. Deep dreams every night. I feel as though I'm bragging. I reckon I am. But I also hope this info helps another migraine/headache sufferer turn his/her life upside-down. Best, John 
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,063
Posts1,185,730
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|