Well, what the vote proves once again (as it has for most, not all but most, of the shows run: The best singer rarely wins... the best performer rarely wins... usually we find them finishing second... not 6th...

Casey made a huge mistake and I knew it when I saw it. Even though he was the second best of the night by everyone's opinion who has a clue about music just a tad behind James, he did a song that none of the little kids knew. My mom, who usually doesn't watch AI, was so in love with Casey (and my mom always participates in JPF judging as a fan judge so she knows music. She said she's done with the show forever. That if someone so clearly superior to at least 4 of the other competitors could be voted out not once but twice, the show was bogus. And so it seems it is. Musicians know Blood Sweat and Tears. His Jazz version was pure entertainment with above average but not earth shattering singing. But musicians GOT IT. We also got the original version. (My dad played the BS&T albums relentlessly and played drums to them during my childhood while we all sat on the couch and watched him). I wasn't shocked he went early, but going before such weak fellow competitors was a bit sickening. He's clearly been the second best all season. He's even beaten James a couple times as best of the night. None of the other contestants have ever been best of the night other than those two. But you HAVE to do a song people know and like. Period. Otherwise you could go out no matter how good you sing and perform. Casey is proof. He'd made good choices most of the season. You could see the disgust on the faces of the judges and even the other contestants who all knew he deserved to stay. Jacob is toast next week. By not putting him second to last, he won't get the vote bump second to last people often get. So bye bye Jacob unless he does the song from pre-season that was his only truly great performance this year.

Jacob is so creepy I can barely watch him. He doesn't sing well (he was flat and sharp and all over the place and his timing was terrible and his dancing really creepy). Haley was flat all night and went into her Casey influenced growl. Her only 2 great performances came during duets with Casey. He brought out her best. Compare her to Kelly Clarkson. Nuff said. She's undeserving. Lauren has been ruined by the judges and Jimmy Iovine. They need to leave her alone. But the bottom line is she's 16... in 4 years she'll be a well known country star. But she's not deserving of winning. But that doesn't mean she won't win. She has no real charisma, it's all fake when it appears she's connecting.. she's terrified and I think she's burned out as she gets worse each week. I saw this happen last year with Crystal who dominated the first 9 rounds and then hit a wall and limped to the finish and lost when she'd been the clear winner all season. Scotty is annoying. Sure, he can sing and he'll soon have hits. But compare him to Chris Young and he's not even in his league, though they sing in a similar old school-ish style. But the AI machine, especially this year, is well prepared to create multiple mega stars. hat leaves James Durbin. I had said to Linda that James had never had a week where he wasn't awesome. Then J-Lo said the same thing on the show. We're both right. He DESERVES now to win by a mile as Casey was his only rightful competition (and it would have been a really fun final show, now it will be half fun because anyone matched head to head with James will pale by comparison... BUT.. that's if he even makes the final. I think James will get nearly all of Casey's votes (a few will go to Haley I bet). None will go to the country kids or Jacob. The country kids have to split the vote eventually.. so likely it will be Scotty or Lauren versus James. But nothing really would surprise me at this point. It's not based on talent or entertainment. It's obviously little kids voting on line a zillion times. Maybe we'll have a Jacob versus Haley final. I mean, why not?

But I do hope for James he wins. He's been the best and unless he collapses like Crystal did (by the way she SUCKED on the show performance.. ack! And she's had so much cosmetic surgery she barely looks like the same girl including all new teeth) he's 3 laps ahead of the field with 3 laps to go. I want to see him sing with Aerosmith and trade riffs with Steven Tyler. It has to happen!

By the way Joe, they stated NOT in order of finish meaning Scotty was most likely in 4th, not Jacob. They put Scotty in the bottom for more drama and to try and propel him to the finale where I think they want him. Lauren isn't ready.. and the country vote is huge and has carried 2 singers this far.. they may figure one or the other will win and Scott is an easier sell.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney