Haven't posted here in a while because I watched delayed by several days or more usually.

I wasn't surprised to see Pia go, even though I felt she was among the most promising at the start. (I did say she was the worst the first week and I chose her as the second worst the week she left).

I was not surprised to see anyone go so far.

I chose Haley, Stefano and Scotty as the worst and thought Haley deserved to go but Stefano would. But I wasn't surprised to find Paul in the bottom 3 or gone because he's never once been in the top 5 and frankly, he can't really sing a full level and doesn't even try. The half whispery tone is a weak Rod Stewart at best (and Rod can BLOW IT OUT) and just lame lame lame most of the time.

Stefano had potential but has not demonstrated any of it yet. He'll go, even if he is great, very soon. So will Haley, though her duet with Casey was outstanding, one of the best non competition performances they have ever had was that duet.

Casey is forever tainted by the save and lost ALL his confidence and it's wearing him down. He was once the favorite, but no more.

Right now, the clear finalists are: James and Lauren. Scotty isn't as good as people think, as he sings the words, not the songs, but does that well. Lauren puts herself more into the songs. But nobody lets loose more naturally than James. Scott and Lauren can't make the finals because both sing country and will split the votes as people shift to non country singers when their faves go home. Casey will finish either 3rd or 4th with Scotty likely finishing opposite. I am not sure if Lauren can beat James. There's a zillion better female country singers waiting in the wings in Nashville already, (though she's good), but there's very few that do what James do because his style is just on the verge of making a comeback (80's are hot.. hair bands are coming back as is hard rock). I wouldn't bet against either Lauren or James, but for me James has been the best this season by a mile. His "genre" might be his undoing. Lauren may get ALL of Scotty's voters and if she does she'll win based on that. If, on the other hand, Scotty's voters are mad at Lauren or blame her, some might peel off for James. But I think ALL non country fans (i.e. all other genres and anyone who hates country) are going to James. So we'll see. I just hope the most deserving wins. But the last several years have proven that second place usually has more talent and historically outside of Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson) people who don't win do better than those that do.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney