|
7 members (Fdemetrio, texritter, Everett Adams, bennash, Michael W. Brown, 2 invisible),
58,740
guests, and
6,057
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,082 Likes: 1
Top 10 Poster
|
OP
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,082 Likes: 1 |
Edit (2/13) - Jan Petter was kind enough master the song for me and provide me the track - which I've replaced the former version with. Thanks so much, Jan - you can really hear everything a whole lot better!I'm putting together a collection of some of my newer folky stuff and am adding to it what I consider to be the best of some of my older stuff. Problem is the vocals don't really match - back then I was doing everything I could do disguise and/or hide my voice. Now I just live with it.  I've posted this song before but have just redone the vocals. I doubt I'll change anything in the lyric or arrangement at this point. But I would be interested in hearing what folks think of the mix or if there are any glaring problems anywhere. I wrote this after my wife and I spent a day at Pearl Harbor. What a gut-wretching experience.... Arizona is here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=377550&songID=8748177I'll stick the lyric below if anyone wants to read along. Thanks! Scott Arizona (c) 2007 by S.W. Campbell We heard the planes just before eight bells And December seventh just went to hell When a bomb hit our forward magazine It blew me off the deck into the burning sea Some boys on the dock pulled me from harm And they pulled the skin clean off my arms In the space of nine minutes my ship was gone It took twelve hundred of my brothers along Oh Arizona, Arizona One day I’ll come back to you I recovered in time to join the war And I never forgot who I was fighting for But even when the Missouri left Tokyo Bay I didn’t feel my debt was paid I was discharged home and found my wife Someone else to save my life She’d hold onto me with all her might When my brothers’ screams woke me at night Oh Arizona, Arizona One day I’ll return to you I’m an old man now, ninety three Twenty people trace their name to me I’ve pulled my weight with change to spend But I never stood the world on end For over sixty years I’ve tried While living an ordinary life To find the answer I never got Why was I spared when they were not? Doc tells me I got a year, no more Then they’ll slide my urn into turret four When I meet my brothers on the other side I got a list of things for them that I’ll describe Like pouring your son his first beer Watching your wife grow more beautiful with each year The smell of cut grass around your first home And how it feels the day you pay off that loan Showing your grandson how to hit a ball Seeing the Red Sox finally take it all Teaching your granddaughter to tie her shoe Little things but they’ll do Oh Arizona, Arizona Won’t be long till I come back to you No it won’t be long till I come back to you
Last edited by Scott Campbell; 02/13/10 01:42 PM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,074
Posts1,185,767
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|