There's an "invite your friends" function on myspace that requires the user to insert an e-mail address which will generate the mail your receiving. I've never used that precisely because of what you're talking about. I'd send a friend a regular e-mail from my own account before I'd have them receive a myspace junkmail letter. But since there are 25,000 folks receiving e-mail from you on a regular basis and musicians use myspace as a promotional mailing tool, I'm not surprised more than a few of them have sent you a myspace request asking you to add yourself to their lists.

For corresponding with other folks already on myspace, its extremely convenient. I can sort through "my friends" based on their location and let the ones local to a show receive an invite to an event. That invite only appears within myspace when they log in unless they have requested myspace send e-mail notification when they set up their page.

For some reason - I think they use a better compression protocol or maybe there servers are just more efficient - the streamed mp3's from myspace sound cleaner on my computer than those on songramp or soundclick.

------------------
Marty my new home

If you look at the glass and see it as half full, drink up!

[This message has been edited by Marty Helly (edited 04-14-2005).]

Marty my home

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!