http://myspace.com/nickedelstein

Brian, I too get a ton of SPAM. And sadly, it is mostly from Artists and little from companies. I wish bands/artists would stick to the "grass roots" ideas that Myspace was founded on. I also wish that, when I first set up my profile in 2005, I had spent more time developing it then I did. I basically ignored it for a year, seeing it as a waste of time. When I looked again in 2006, I found a thriving, vibrant community that was aligned with most major commercial outlets including the budding YouTube. I am proud to say, though, that all of my +19k page views were by actual people and not some computer-generated software (yes, you can buy software that increases your page views). Cheers ~Nick

Originally Posted by Brian Austin Whitney
It's weird... I get multiple spams per day from folks asking me to sign up for "myspace" lists. It's probably now the biggest source of spam annoyance on the web these days, at least for me. I am surprised to see so many folks on it. Because of the volume of them I get, I generally delete all of them on site now.

Brian

Last edited by Nick Edelstein; 07/07/08 05:30 PM.