Originally Posted by Fdemetrio
Originally Posted by Michael LeBlanc
what i would like to know is why isn't there an "Instrumental Forum" here so "we" lyricists can maybe write something for them.Some of the musicians may be great until it comes to putting words together.Sure you'll get some lame lyrics as we get lame music for our lyrics but something might jive from time to time.I think i've only taken one maybe two instrumentals here and wrote words for them.Not sure if they really actually liked it but it sure was fun for me to write with an awesome piece of music.So let's average it out and you musicians start putting some work out there for the lyricist.

Well I think its a great idea. Thing is "instrumentals" take alot of time and work for the musician.

Also alot of lyricists cant write to tracks, because it restricts them. But if done right this kind of thing leads to better songs for the lyricist.

In the industry today "Topliners" are in demand. A Topliner is someone who takes a finished instrumental track and creates what the singer sings—lyrics and melody (and harmonies). Since music has gone digital, "producers" are now usually people who make "beats" (instrumental tracks). Topliners commonly come later, often hired like session musicians to create a topline for a fee and walk away, or share the copyright. It's an interesting development in an industry that still considers a song to be lyrics and melody.