Hi Kevin,
For me Kevin,Its a matter of not wanting to bite off more than I can chew....at this point in time anyway.

I tried to learn guitar a few years ago,and just found it was not my thing.

I'm a writer,and I want to work on trying to perfect my skills in writing.I have been absorbing myself into reading and studying anything that I possibly can about writing lyrics.

For me,at least,it's just not as simple as writing some words that rhyme down on paper.I'm in the early stages of the learning process and I want to be the best writer that I can possibly be.

For me it would be like telling the camera man in a news story that he needs to learn to report the news also.It would be great if he could do both,but he probably wants to focus on the job he is best at.

Some musicians cant write lyrics no matter how hard they try,and some lyricists cant play music.It would be better if everyone could learn to do both,but it just doesnt work out that way for everyone all the time.

I am however learning,that OCCASIONALLY ,I can come up with a melody in my head for a lyric that I am working on but that isnt always the case,so I depend on the great co-writers that I have been finding,that take a look at one of my lyrics and finds something in the lyric that inspires them.

I just want to learn to be the best lyricist that I can be,and I have a long way to go,so I am focusing on the lyrical aspects of songwriting only for now.That is my reason.I'm sure that others will have other reasons.

Michelle

*****You know I'm a dreamer,but my heart's of gold*****Motley Crue