|
6 members (Michael W. Brown, texritter, bennash, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
54,234
guests, and
5,949
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,035 Likes: 100
Top 200 Poster
|
OP
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,035 Likes: 100 |
I like the Chorus. It repeats and drives home the gist of the Song. I like that Bridge too; How are you? That's the essence of everyone's concern, and why they should be concerned. No one is immune to the madness of Leadership Decision-Makers of our time. There's a meme, a cartoon showing a man at a Voting Booth, his young daughter standing nearby asking, "Who are you Voting for, Daddy?" His head is turned toward her, replying, "You." That's profound. The places and conditions we are 'led' or 'misled' into now will be the children's places and conditions in their future. Children have a vested interest in what Leadership Decision-Makers decide now. Thanks, Gary. I really appreciate your thoughtful feedback. I hadn’t actually thought about the “How are you?” line quite that deeply when I wrote it, but I really like your interpretation. And that cartoon is indeed profound. We may think we’re voting about the problems of today, but ultimately we’re also making decisions about the world our children and grandchildren will live in. That makes the question “How are you?” mean a little more than I originally intended. Thanks for sharing that perspective!
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,097
Posts1,185,820
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|