Originally Posted by Rob B.
Originally Posted by Sunset Poet
Solution: Take politics somewhere besides a songwriting site.

Marty, that’s a fair suggestion, but you’re posting songs with political content too. I think we both know that political and social themes have been part of songwriting for centuries. Therefore, political songs shouldn't be banned here.
The difference is whether we talk about the craft or attack the other person. I’d rather focus on the craft. Nobody is forcing you to read and listen to all the stuff that is posted here. If you don't like political songs, don't listen to them.

Give it up Rob.
You've written some political songs that I ignored.

However,
A couple of hours ago, YOU took MY SONG and title and re-wrote it to be provocative.
And now you want to present that as if you were simply engaged in the time honored tradition of political song satire.
You are pathetically transparent.
As I stated in another post, if you are going to call out names and pick at scabs and start arguments...at least be good at presenting an argument. This stuff you're trying to sell is at a sixteen-year old level.

I've been a small independent architect, GC, homebuilder most of my life. In the course of dealing with subs over years, I've had every worn-out line of insidious crap come at me that I can think of. The stuff you bring is adolescent-ish.

And as long as you brought up time honored traditions,
A time honored tradition that any fool, in any culture, in any part of the world....knows...is that if you bring up politics or religion you are headed for an argument.
The obviousness of that is lost here...I've resigned to it and plan to relax and have fun.

Therefore and heretofore...
When you regurgitate your Rachel Maddow talking points here, expect incoming and be advised that I will not tailor my comments to whatever your sensibilities of decorum are at whatever given moment. I say that because you dont always apply your rules of decorum to yourself...which is no surprise.