I could never succesfully collborate, its so hard for me, cause I cant see anything but my path for a song, and i immediately think its not gonna work, and usually doesnt, i have written one or two that were passable.

Well, yeah, I dont know any Nashville writers at the pro level, to compare. But I did know some quasi serious writers on the old TS site, who did this all the time. When you have no musical muscle, but write lyrics, its very challenging to write a lyric thats gonna work. Doing that gives them the skeleton to work with and always its gonna be on in structure. The thinking was if this was a hit, We know its singable, and we know its got a hit structure to it. And, it gives your insight to what type of songs the singer likes to sing. Rascal Flatts has a hit...lets do the same exact thing and see if he sees a pattern he likes.

I had the same thoughts about it, in fact we debated that. One guy who lived in Nashville told me about this process. I thought, isnt that cheating? He said, if youre in Nashville, youll know this is done all the time. Now your're conficting with him. I never did see you on that forum, there was alot of people there who moved to Nashville for the dream.

They used to tick me off cause they didnt think rock writers were good. Which is rediculous. Every rock writer I know was better than they are lol, Lyrically, Ill take Hotel California over She thinks my tractors sexy, ANYDAY!

The question would be, would anybody reconise its the same meter. Cause were talking lyrics, not music. IN valuable to a non melody writing lyricist.

I agree good practice anyway. Write new lyrics to hit songs, and youll quickly learn whats working and whats not. If you're good.

Last edited by Fdemetrio; 04/19/21 02:49 PM.