|
7 members (texritter, KyleCrawford, Gary E. Andrews, Guy E. Trepanier, Michael W. Brown, CTthomas, 1 invisible),
14,861
guests, and
5,412
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,150 Likes: 87
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,150 Likes: 87 |
My day job is architect. Architects generally, are a friendly bunch who like to hang by the watercooler and contemplate things. Naive, idealistic. Optimistic. But these days, they are not as friendly or dependable. I have caught one out front of one my projects taking pictures of it to knock off for another client. Dumb enough to admit it. I got out of a truck with jeans, boots and a tee shirt on so I guess they assumed I was not the architect. Another one told me how clients who annoy him get cheated on their billable hours.
And...I think I know the building that was knocked off but there is nothing that I can do about it. Am I depressed about it? No. See it as the natural landscape. Finally, in later years, I have a grasp of what human nature really is most of the time. "it is what it is."
So...Good luck in your endeavors as well.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,047
Posts1,185,696
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|