|
9 members (texritter, Sunset Poet, Fdemetrio, Gary E. Andrews, Michael W. Brown, bennash, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
25,125
guests, and
5,878
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 299
Top 500 Poster
|
OP
Top 500 Poster
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 299 |
BRAVE LITTLE FLYER
Mother takes me to JFK And puts me on a plane Dad will wait for me in LA The captain knows my name They call the Brave Little Flyer Cause I’m always on the go I can rise above the clouds And leave the turbulence below
This Brave Little Flyer will be lifted up Daddy will swing me around in a ring But flying with one parent in circles Well that’s like flying with half a wing
Far below there’s a city It looks like Christmas lights Grown ups don’t look so pretty On this red eye flight Cruising' at this altitude High above the great divide I’m tossed between two parents But I take it all in stride
This Brave Little Flyer has the right stuff Some day I’ll be captain of my own air force With someone beside you it ain’t so tough A good co pilot will stay the course
Stewardess comes to take a look She thinks my ride is pretty rough I glance down to my pocket book And keep my heart good and tough
I used to think that Santa Claus Could make my family whole I even dreamt of flying there Right up to the North Pole Being older now I’ve given up On getting them together The skies are always friendly Above the stormy weather.
© 2000 Stefan des Lauriers)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,430
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,430 |
Neat lyric as always, Stefan. A bicoastal child of divorce-- now there's an lyric topic I've never seen. And it's well handled too. Why not take lines 5-8 of verse 1 and make that a chorus somehow? The only thing this lyric lacks right now is better structure. And that six-line bridge, if that's what it is, reads a little weird, but that could just be because of where you split your lines.
Nice job here! Lotta good lines.
Anthony
P.S.: What's a "pocket book"? Is that a little paperback he brought with him? Just wondering.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 299
Top 500 Poster
|
OP
Top 500 Poster
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 299 |
Thanks Anthony,
Good suggestion about making the chorus out of lines 5-8.
The pocket book is a paperback. I think it's a Canadian term, or something I picked up as a kid.
I made a demo of this song (with words a little differen) in 1995. I shopped it around til a friend said that it would make parents of divorced children feel bad. I was looking from the kids point of view, but it wasn't politically correct to write a song about a child who wanted his parents to get back together. Anyhow in the first version he asks the pilot to take him to the North Pole to see Sanity Clause. Now I don''t know about the song.
I liked the idea of a parent swinging a child like an airplane. With a parent at each arm you can go in a straight line, but with one you go in circles... A friend of mine who had a pilots licence said that both wings are considered one wing... So I'm wondering... Also I don't hink you can leave the turbulance below
Stefan
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,096
Posts1,185,806
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|