Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 346
Top 500 Poster
|
OP
Top 500 Poster
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 346 |
I started writing this one while attempting the excercise in Mr. Blume's article. It didn't work so well, but here's what I've come up with.
Drinking Dark Whiskey
V1 Sitting at this old bar Thinking about time Drinking dark whiskey Sipping white wine
Chorus: You’re like the one I always wanted Never thought I’d find But I see you clearly By way of white wine I wish I could go back Back into time To the day that I held you Back when you were mine
V2 I don’t doubt that you hate me Guess I drink too much For your wishful thinking I miss your touch
(Repeat Chorus)
V3 Sitting at this old bar Thinking about time Drinking dark whiskey Sipping white wine
(Repeat Chorus)
Copyright © 2004 Nick Holbrook (BMI)
------------------ Nick
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,777
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|