Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,001
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,001 |
Everyone has their failures. I wrote a jingle for an organic soda company. They loved it. The president and CEO loved it. They wanted to start a whole marketing campaign around it. I said great. Then they wanted me to come up with the commercials and have the director of my award winning video put it all together.
I said sure. I'll talk to him about it. At this point I brought in my lawyer to start talking licenses and numbers for costs. The CEO suddenly changed his mind. He had this notion that I would do all of this for free. That I would pay for his commercials out of my pocket.
End result is, I said no. I didn't get angry about it. I moved on.
That's a good article you found. It shows one of the niches some of my music has found. It's not the only niche. It's a good point to bring up. Every song has a niche. The writer should know what it is. That is part of knowing the business. It's not something to get angry about.
Other niches that I'm in include: film, tv, film trailers, video games. I also do the whole artist thing. I write some material under pseudonyms. I do that to keep certain material to certain markets. I don't get angry if something doesn't work. I learn from it, change for the next time around, then move on. I don't stop.
One thing I'm taking from DRS's post is that he has had issues with the business aspect of a venture. He took it personally. Got angry. Got bitter. Got upset at a non fan. This is not the right attitude to cultivate in order to become a success.
That is my $0.02 which is more than anyone gets from Pandora or Spotify.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|