|
5 members (KyleCrawford, Gary E. Andrews, Michael W. Brown, texritter, Guy E. Trepanier),
125,514
guests, and
5,741
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Top 30 Poster
|
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831 |
Hi Roy:
This ground has been "plowed" previously... and I'm not certain anybody knows the real answer. From my point of view... it's just that most of us experience more disappointments than "events of joy"... LOL! In mentally trying to think about my little catalog... I believe the ratio is about 5 to 1 in favor of sad songs. I know that the "market" demands those upbeat, uptempo three minute wonders but I simply have to write about what I know or how I feel about a given subject.
If I could, I'd write nothing but happy songs but in reality, it's not about to happen for me. What's really strange... is that I believe I am a very well-adjusted and happy person. My financial situation is fairly secure, I have a great marriage and I get to write alot of songs... and play a little golf every now and then. What else is there in life...LOL????
Happy New Year, gang!
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,066
Posts1,185,737
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|