|
6 members (texritter, bennash, Everett Adams, Gary E. Andrews, 2 invisible),
46,781
guests, and
6,049
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463 |
Vikki quote "All of you need to remember that I am in the business of performing where every nuance of the tonal quality, clarity of the vowel & ability to sing on pitch + good diction, etc., is crucial. I would argue that every performer can be helped to perform better with good coaching, just like every pro golfer can help their game with good coaching. I've been taking lessons for 16 years and I consider it my responsibility to continue to coach, since I work as a coach & and should be working on my own instrument/abilities so I have insights that I can pass on to my students... and also so that I can perform & record decent vocal performances." The problem is that a pro golfer will not be helped much taking lessons from a football coach. Bad analergy. In reality rock singing is so far removed from the style you and most coaches teach I can see little or no benefits. As I said before the techniques used go against all formal coaching. You have stated this on many occasions talking about straining and abusing. If you take a wild stallion and tame break him in he ceases to be a wild stallion. I will take my chances singing the way I do. But just to put a spanner in the works I can sing in a traditional style as well. I have to when I do cabaret for the tweenies and wrinklies at holiday camps.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,097
Posts1,185,816
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sharing in your success is the payback to those who shared in your failure." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|