Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2,401
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2,401 |
Jim, this is a public board and is read by people all over the world, and there is no way I am going to say that abusing your voice doesn't matter, and there is no way I am going to say that having the right knowledgable coach for your genre/style isn't a worthwhile investment. IMO everyone can be helped to sing better, and everyone includes the tonedeaf as well as the accurately pitched professional. I am not saying that everyone *needs* lessons, but I am saying that a good, qualified coach who has trained/sung & performed in the genre of the student can offer some insights on correct usage of the voice & especially offer feedback on recording & performing skills.
To me it is just common sense. I taught myself to play the guitar but when I went and had a few sessions with a respected guitar teacher here, he showed me how my posture was adding tension to my playing and affecting the sound of the guitar. I've been training my voice for 16 years and singing since I was 6 and I *still* get insights into my technical & performing abilities from my coaches, because I don't think I know everything there is to know, and I am open to the journey.
Hummin'bird
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,826
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|