Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2,401
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2,401 |
Hi Jim - I'm not sure how we got into discussing whether I personally could coach Rock singers, I'm sure I said nothing of the kind. I did say, and I believe strongly, and I have the evidence to prove it, that anyone, anyone, can be helped to sing if they are willing to do the work. That's my focus as a teacher - I help those who can't sing now, to sing... so they can go out and join choirs or sing their own songs, or whatever it is. I don't teach them to sing classically, I teach them how to find and release the voice within them... so they can go do whatever it is they wish to do. For some performance is the furthest thing from their minds, they just want to overcome the block that stops them from using their voices. Most of my students are shy, introverted people who have never asserted themselves creatively or vocally & they come to me for some encouragement, mentoring & help to remove the barriers. This is a different focus from most voice teachers, but the reason I do it is I was once just like most of my students - unable to sing in front of anyone at all, anytime.
I don't know anything about James, but I have seen Steven at work and he is great.
V
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|