|
7 members (bennash, texritter, Michael W. Brown, CTthomas, Guy E. Trepanier, KyleCrawford, 1 invisible),
42,463
guests, and
5,504
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/29/26 02:00 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,384
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,384 |
From knowing quite a few alternative rock and metal musicians, I notice how many in an audition emphasize being able to sing a song with a mellow voice. Stairway To Heaven seemed to be a measure of that. Which contains both the mellow voice and a bit of the screaming.
I am not out to be in a band or a "performer" now. But I have found it more taxing to my body having to concentrate on what I am doing too much. Being in song, something ought to be able to belt out of people naturally. There is always going to be that pain in the voice box when someone raises it.
I have an unfortunate smoking habit, and I am always used to my throat hurting a bit.
I would not have had a very operatic voice anyway. People like Mark Knophler got their voice singing in those dingy smoking dives.
I wonder how someone like that has to put ice on their voice? They probably take care of their voice by not taking care of it.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,052
Posts1,185,704
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|