Hey Bobbie,
Sorry for hijacking your thread here the last few days.

A little background on why I beat the drum here: (Then I'm done with this topic.)

The Dixie Chicks are actually one of my wife's favorite groups and even before "the flap" I could never really figure out why.

Natalie's voice just grates on my nerves when I hear it. To me, it is just not a pretty sound. Give me Eva Cassidy any day. Not Natalie's nasty nasal nuances!

So, once she took her stand and dug in with her heels against Toby, the South and 90 percent of her original fanbase, I kind of lost whatever motivation I may have had to start to give their music a chance.

On the other hand, I look at U2 who likewise have been rather politically charged all these years in their lyrics and some of their actions. What is the difference between these two groups?

I see Bono going straight to the people he may even detest, sitting down and at least searching for some common ground, something to lay a foundation on for a positive advance. He kills with his charm.

Poor Bush doesn't stand a chance around Bono. He probably looks in the mirror after meeting with Bono and says to his reflection, "What did I just do??" LOL On top of that, their music turns me on.

Have U2 ever turned their backs on their original fanbase? Not that I'm aware of. The Dixie Chicks have. They've basically called their original fans a bunch of rednecks and turned their backs on the people who initially supported them and bought their cd's and came to their shows in the beginning.

I think I've said enough here and again wish to offer my apologies for anything that may have drifted out of line on my part with this thread.

Bit's right - I've "shown my true colors" here. As far as Bob's condescension... whatever.

At least I've been honest and forthright. Beats sitting, reading and wishing I had the nads to say something. (Kinda like Natalie, only in my own country.) I already know where that leads. I can do w/out another ulcer and angiogram, if possible. Suppressing sucks.

I'll be done with this thread now. I've said plenty. Tip your waiters & waitresses!

Good luck with your music Bobbie. Take whatever I've said here with a grain of proverbial salt. It's hardly worth even that.

Sincerely,

Jeff

------------------
JavaMusiK

Post here to get your cd added to the
JustPlainFolks Gallery at:
cdbaby.com/group/justplainfolks
AND
here to get your iTunes hosted songs listed on the
Just Plain Folks iMix! (You must already be on iTunes to participate)