Can we all agree, that when you post an idea or a concept and someone wants to expand on it or help with a co-write, that you ask permission privately, like writers do in real life?

It's just called being respectful and polite.

i.e. "do you mind if I take your two lines and see if I can take it a different direction"? If the guy says no, then just don't do it. If he says yes, than it's basically a co-write.

It's not hard you guys.

I'm flattered to be an inspiration in some way, but don't take my "opening scene" and write a whole other song, well you can of course, but don't post it publically!

It's just rude.

Blame it all on my roots, I showed up in boots and ruined your black tie affair.............................. (it would be rude to steal that opening idea, right?)


"It Mattered to THAT One"