Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1
Casual Observer
|
OP
Casual Observer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1 |
Hello! Is there anyone from Northwestern Ontario or Manitoba on this site? Would like to hear what is going on musically in this part of the world. I am just new here and would love to hear. Thank you and Take Care.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2,401
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2,401 |
Hey, I'm not from Ontario (although I lived there for a couple of years in the late 90s), but I thought I'd say hi and welcome aboard. I know there are lots of folks from Ont on the board, maybe this bump will scare 'm up cheers Hummin'bird ------------------ Vikki Flawith, Canadian Singer/Songwriter & Voice Teacher Vikki on Soundclick Vikki on MySpace My ZaNy cRaZy Blog Sample my *F*O*L*K* CD
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4
Casual Observer
|
Casual Observer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4 |
Babalouie... Hello. Dryden is pretty isolated up there and the closest music scene is probablly in Thunder Bay or Sault Ste. Marie.Both have great "live" venues for musicians and have spawned some great talent."Treble Charger" is from the Soo and Paul Schaeffer from the Letterman show is from Thunder Bay. You always have the internet and you can create your own local scene. Good luck.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 219
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 219 |
Normally, I would have responded more quickly to a pot like this one. I was at Country Music Week, and I feell behind. Sorry about that. I'm from Ottawa, so I don't know about a local scene in your neck of the woods. Depending on the type of music you like, I may be able to recommend a couple of acts you should check out. I heard some great artists while I was in Saint John, who were from your part of the country. Two young women who I think are worth looking out for are Erynn Hull, from Thunder Bay, and Marlee Scott, who I think is based in Winnipeg. Both of them performed in showcases at the event, and both were excellent. Beyond that, I don't know who to suggest. If country isn't your thing, there are probably other people on here who could make some suggestions for you. This is a great place to network, and there is no reason to limit yourself to your own neighbourhood. I'm co-writing with people from as far away as Georgia through connections I've made here, and with MSN messaging and e-mail, you can do just about anything from anywhere. Welcome aboard. You are going to love it here. ------------------ Terry Don't worry too much about life. You'll never get out alive. http://www.soundclick.com/terryfernihough
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38
Casual Observer
|
Casual Observer
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38 |
Hey there! I'm in southern Ontario near Peterboro. I'm sure you'll connect with some great people on this board!! Keep in touch! Kathy www.thesongbridge.com
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 1
Casual Observer
|
Casual Observer
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 1 |
Babalouie! How's it going! I am a recording artist based in Thunder Bay. Not much going on around here in the lines of live entertainment (Espessially country music). If you are looking for Country in particular you are further off to drive to Winnipeg, it's the same distance as Thunder Bay, to find a lot more live venues. Lots of festivals around the Dryden area come summer time though - Trout Forest(Ear Falls) & John Ricci Memorial(Ignace) to name a few. As for myself - I just released a new Christmas CD last month and right now I'm in the studio working on a new CD for release later this summer! Cheers! Scott van Teeffelen Scott van Teeffelen & The Backroads Band www.scottvanteeffelen.com"Some of the best Country Music & Entertainment North of Nashville!" www.sonicbids.com/svtbrb
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,777
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|