|
7 members (Fdemetrio, Michael W. Brown, Irwin, bennash, Gary E. Andrews, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
88,754
guests, and
5,862
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Love Bomb
by Michael W. Brown - 10/10/26 08:09 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 854
Top 500 Poster
|
OP
Top 500 Poster
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 854 |
That's good that you got some tv stuff. You must one of the superior talents that stand out far above the rest as big jim desribes I would say TV and Movies might be the most realistic expectation for people producing their own music. I find though especially with lyrics, if I dont write exessively, and I skip months,,,years, I lose it fast. Right now im in a groove, ive written 10 lyrics in the last few days, maybe one of which ill actually use. But I lose lyric creativity fast when I let it go. Melodies are always there, but I lose the ability to string them together if i dont do it regularly. Ive already lost my guitar chops, thats been happening gradually since i started writing instead of playing. Im good enough to accompany myself and do some recording, but I one time I could rip a mean solo, that has completely left the building! But I surprise myself every once in a while when I can still do the heartbreaker solo! I just dont want to get to a point where im writing something just to produce it, thats backwards.
Last edited by December Rock Star; 03/15/12 08:34 PM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,106
Posts1,185,849
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|