Niteshift,

We have been hearing this side of the argument. For about 12-15 years now. And talk radio and most news programs DO liscence indivdual songs. They clear it before they use it at all. You are giving benefit of the doubt when it has repeatedly been told to you that they are not going to pay. You guys are looking at this very wrong. You are thinking that these are people that think rules apply to them. They do not. And they have helped create an entire generation that believe just like they do.
We'll see. I ask that you watch and see what happens. I believe this will be the first and you will see a half dozen others pop up in the next few months doing the same thing. This did not start all at once. It started incrementally.
And yes, nightshift, it DOES lower production costs. i had a friend who had a Shania Twain cut on a major television show called Desperate Housewives. One of the complaints was how expensive it was getting to liscence songs for television shows and movies. They are looking for ANY way to cut production costs. Like I said, these discussions have been going on for a long time. This is nothing new. You are just seeing it now.
And why are they doing it? What is their rationale? They will tell you "exposure" that the songs get and thereby the artists will get.You can die of exposure. And you are trying to apply your logic to someone who simply believe totally differently than you do.

MAB