|
5 members (texritter, Gary E. Andrews, Guy E. Trepanier, Michael W. Brown, 1 invisible),
42,276
guests, and
5,892
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,403
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,403 |
Well, Chet Atkins and Jimi Hendrix probably top my list of best guitarists, but you were asking originally about the underappreciated ones.
Those for me, I think, are Keith Richards and John Lennon. Richards, I think, was master of the Musical Hook; his riffs--always simple, always unique, and always memorable--made a lot of Rolling Stones songs the most recognizable in recent history. He is emulatable; I've managed to apply his style to a country music song just once (but might have managed to do it again, in "Dirty Deeds Done to Sheep").
And Lennon, I've decided, is a decent role model. I played a while back with a rock 'n' roll band that did a lot of Beatles covers, and they were determined that I be their John Lennon. Lennon ain't bad: a good writer, and competent rhythm guitarist who could sometimes play lead. And now, I find myself listening to the rhythm guitarist a lot when I hear bands.
Joe
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,071
Posts1,185,744
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|