Hello all,

I have been following this thread since it started.

I look at this way. I am a songwriter. I write songs.

It just so happened I had already written a song years ago about my life as a performer and my quest called "Chasing Rainbows".

It's only one song. I did not hesitate to enter it since the theme matched what they were looking for like it a glove.

I entered it minutes after they first announced the contest.

I have submitted it to TAXI numerous times and ALL thier A&R guys raved how much loved the song but did forward it because it was as they say not Radio Ready. In this case it does not have to be.

A.I. will not use my arrangement they will do thier own. I look at it like this. If choosen it will give my career a real big boost!

I have many other songs that would all of the sudden become more valuable or at least easier to market. More places would tend to take my work and look at it more seriously.

I make $10,000 up front and more $ as time goes on.. so whats not to like here?

You can have all the greatest material in the world but if no one hears it what good is that? I personally say..take a chance
Todays the day... $10 lousy bucks for a shot at success? CHEAP!

It's a better risk than lotto as of last night they said thay had over 5,000 enteries.. 1 in 5,000 not bad odds.

I have an old saying 10% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Because if your music is not heard by anyone but you what good is that? Get a grip! I have a widget.. and it's a great widget... I know my widget may be the best... but if I don't even try to market it I will never know. It all comes down again to belive in yourself!

So what if they get thier hands on your song. Your still the writer.. you still get the kuddos... you still get the exposure
and that will allow you to get more songs sold.

If it happens I would be willing to bet my new CD sales will jump as well.. hmmmmm just keeps getting better huh?

I am not going to let anything stand in my way especially fear of the unknown or fear itself.

Just my 2 cents worth

your only a stranger once after that a new found friend
http://cdbaby.com/cd/larryread
http://www.LarryReadsMusic.com
Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist/Audio Engineer BMI &
Audio Engineering Society Member