Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 312
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 312 |
Doris Duke is on my list of rejections - as are Annenberg, MacArthur, Universal, Ford, Getty, Skirball, ASCAP, GRAMMY, Pulitzer, Oprah, Xerox, Rockefeller, IBM, Bill Clinton, Carnegie, Occidental Petroleum, etc. etc. etc. The four letters of support I had for my Guggenheim application were from the musical director of KKJZ-FM, the president of Peggy Lee Enterprises, an author writing the history of Pacific Jazz, and an Emmy, DGA, and Peabody award winning television producer/director. The level of personal references are of the utmost integrity - each one was extremely gracious in taking the time to help me in my quest to fulfill my destiny. I appreciate your offer of help. Though, I am very confident in my presentation. I don't feel that is my weak point. I think my most vulnerable area is my lack of actual documentary filmmaking. But, with my backgrounds in film and video production and direction, I know exactly what it will take to produce this film. I truly believe it is just a matter of time... 
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,100
Posts1,185,830
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|