|
8 members (bennash, texritter, Gary E. Andrews, Michael W. Brown, Guy E. Trepanier, CTthomas, Fdemetrio, 1 invisible),
34,753
guests, and
5,992
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 61
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 61 |
Well, it seems only to people who are members of this chapter read this board, Terry and Russ. I've been asked to post something, so here I am. In lieu of a newsletter, which no one submitted any items for, I wanted to tell people about a concept sweeping the radio world, Digital Media Distribution Services. Here in Canada, this is handled by www.musicrypt.com. I attended The Big Schooze last week and heard the owner of the company, Joe Wood, speak about his company. The way it works is, you submit your song to musicrypt and they then digitize it and send it to all the radio stations you give them. There is a $97.00 setup fee and then it costs $2.95 per song per station. In otherwords, 10 stations would cost you $29.50. It's supposed to be cheaper to do it this way than sending a hardcopy and you are guaranteed that the radio stations will receive it (or can't say that they didn't). What they do about it, is another story. Same old, same old for indies. So, I thought to myself, if musicrypt can do this, why not me. I have a lot of server space and can easily upload a couple of wav files for a station to download. I thought I'd do a little research, so I called CBC Radio. They don't use the service. Then I called CHUM FM and they do. The music guy told me it's actually a bit of a pain because they have to do a bunch of stuff before they can download the music into their computer. I asked him if he would like it if an artist sent him to a webpage where he could download a plain wav file right into his computer and he said he would prefer it. This means that an indie doing it on their own might be able to make it easier for the stations. When I organize what I'm doing with my new CD, Eastern Skies, this is how I will submit to stations. My last CD, I mailed out 33 hardcopies. Next time, it will be online all the way.
Val
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,080
Posts1,185,774
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|